2008年1月10日 星期四

you want your own business?

Someone just wants to work in some famous company.
Someone just wants to save as much money as they can.
Someone just wants to have a stable life.

But, it is not what I really want.

I just quitted a job, as a researcher in water resource...I don't wanna to tell others why I chose to leave, because it sounds like excuse.

I felt sad and didn't know what career should I have.
Then I met a special English teacher today.
He travelled all over the world.
As he said, he wants to go to the highest, the lowest, the hottest, and the coldest place in the world, by himself, without any tourist company to help.

It's a very different view of life to me.

I was taught to study hard, attended to best high school, the best university...and worked for the most famous companies. So I worked for Deloitte just after graduating from graduate school.
However, I felt a bit discontent, so I told myself to work for environment at least one or two years.

Now I am just in the changing point, trying to go back to the normal way, looking for a job in a financial system.
But, why I am still so dissatisfied? I watched a video online... it saids the American will change their 14 jobs when they are 38 years old, on average. They said one of forth American haven't stayed in their current jobs for one year, half of them haven't for 5 years.
And school must teach the students to involve the jobs which do not exist now, using the technique we do not have now, to solve the problems we never met before.

Maybe there are chance to combine economic development and environment together... I really hope I can join it, to take the challenge to solve the most difficult problems.


But, where is it? Can somebody told me.

沒有留言: