2008年1月12日 星期六

legislative election today

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/12/asia/taiwan.php

This election, KMT, the opposite party won almost 3/4 seats.

In the very important area, Taipei city, Taipei county, and Taoyuan county, they won 16 seats of 18. I said the those area are so important because it's the center of business and politics. And there are so many residents!

I know most foreign companies wish Mr. Ma win the president election, for KMT's economic is more attractive. I listened to his speach carefully this evening, he mentioned that the other parties' policies are also important and KMT should respect them. If he really won the president in March, I wish he remembered his promise today.

Ma is a bit special politician. One famous author, Lung Ying-Tai, said Ma flew to German to invite her join his team while he was Mayor of Taipei city. Lung warned him that she would insist her own principle. Ma answered her, "That's why I am here."

Hmmm... politic is so difficult... but it influents our economic, environmental problems, and so many aspects of life. Wish Taiwan can recover from recession and depression soon.

1 則留言:

lejun 提到...

The first day after legislative election, what occurs to most of my friends first? Stock Market! (~_~)

(And the second is presidential election on March...if Ma won, the stock could rise again...)

I do care about stock market but not "so" care...since I just invest very little on it now. (:P)