2008年2月2日 星期六

The chance is really coming to me?

I dreamed to be an environmental economist. However, I just couldn't find such position in Taiwan. Just as I was giving up and started to look for a job in financial sector, there are two opportunities, one is about energy economics, and the other is carbon exchange. I will have second round interview in February.
Carbon exchange sounds cool, the newest business in the world. Energy economics, the chance to work for national energy policy. I have to make the choice...(of course, I should get the job first.)

There was an article on newspaper mentioned the carbon exchange policy should be more careful. And Worldwatch published the report, http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5597, which made me rethink carbon exchange market... I thought it is very beautiful... well, it's still a trading target, like stock. In principle, after IPO, how the stock market goes do not affect how much the company get. After the carbon reduction project being finished, how carbon right be traded do not help the world. But if the liquidity of carbon right is robust, the carbon reduction projects will be much more preferred.

By the way, I have to do more research....especially energy economics, I am not familiar with it.

沒有留言: